This view looks westward. Thirty-fifth street was the "Main Street" of the
Central Manufacturing District. The district bank was located near Morgan
street to the east of this location. Racine and the Chicago Junction
railway spur tracks to the Armour Glue Works intersect here in the
foreground. Note that horse-powered transportation was still prevalent at
this time. "Wig-wag" warning signals are to the left and right sides of
Source: Central Manufacturing District (1915), p. 25. See bibliography for publication information.