View of the Archer avenue bridge on the left bank (west side) of the South
Fork of the Chicago river (looking northwestward). It is unclear what the
building in the background is. The tower near the railroad bridge is part
of the Stein, Hirsh & Co. Starch Works. Today the land between the
bridges is occupied by the Stevenson expressway.
Source: Chicago Department of Public Works Annual Report, 1906, p. xxxvi. See bibliography for publication information.
[ RETURN ]