Prepared as a special project by Architecture, Art History, and Urban
Planning Students at the University of Illinois at Chicago in cooperation
with the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, City of Chicago, in
commemoration of the One Hundred and Sixtieth anniversary -- the Fourth of
July 1996 -- of the ground breaking of the Illinois and Michigan Canal at
Canal Port (later called Bridgeport), the Fourth of July 1836.