Wood-frames on Fuller street, from Hillock street.
Wooden homes, such as these on Fuller (formerly Bridge) street, were probably what had been built in Bridgeport's earlier days; although the earliest canal workers cottages were much smaller than these. Wood-frames have slowly been becoming more and more of a rarity in Bridgeport. Even though Bridgeport was fully outside of the district stipulating fireproof construction, two-thirds of the homes had brick or other fireproof construction by 1940.

[Return]